DEPRESSION: Distant Energy Healing with Medical QiGong
By Cynthia McMullen
Originally posted September 23, 2016
Q: “I have somebody that’s very close to me who is severely depressed, and they’re receiving medical attention because they’re suicidal. Is there some kind of distant energy healing technique that I can do to help them?”
A: Let me say first, that in a situation like this it is extremely important that if somebody is very depressed and also suicidal, please get them the medical attention that they need. This energy healing technique is not intended to replace proper treatment. Energy healing does work very well to send love to this person’s heart. It doesn’t matter if they’re on medications or in the hospital. This will work through all of those things. It is our intention to send them Loving Energy, not to focus on trying to resolve their emotional issues.
Having said that, I’m going to outline a strong energy healing technique in the style of Medical QiGong which is my specialty area.
If you can get into the state where you close your eyes and you can feel overwhelming love for this person, you can do this technique.
Feeling Desperation and Fear
When we’re working with someone who has an intense situation, especially if it’s somebody close to us or a family member, it’s very easy to go into the feeling of desperation.
To achieve the best effect, feeling unconditional love is where we need to be. It feels peaceful. It feels calm. It feels like this energy just flows out, and it’s so beautiful. This is what we want to experience.
If we’re experiencing desperation—and it’s really hard not to go there sometimes—we are embodying the energy of extreme fear, which does not work well in Energy Healing. Fear has too much noise around it.
An example of a thought in desperation is like “I want this person to heal so badly, that I can’t think about anything else.” There may be begging, promises to change, and even offering something to God in exchange for saving the person.
And with heavy and intense thoughts going on, if you can, you need to get out of that and bring yourself into a place where you are calm and peaceful and you can feel love.
If you cannot bring yourself to this state, it’s best to get somebody else to help you do the Energy Healing, somebody else who can get there, and then they can do this technique along with you.
This is why energy healers will often say it’s a really good idea not to work on your own family – because we can be too deep into desperation mode.
Non-Attachment to the Outcome
We want to make sure that we’re not attached to the outcome. Whatever happens here is an agreement between the Higher Self of the person who’s going to be receiving the energy, and the Creator.
All we’re doing is bringing unconditional love into the situation. Unconditional means there is no condition attached to it. If the person lives, that’s beautiful! That’s amazing! Of course, we’ll be happy with that.
And if the person doesn’t live, we really need to be careful in that area and not go to a place where it’s our fault or it’s a failure or anything like that. That can be really hard.
But we’ve got to be able to see that there’s still beauty in that side, also. One of the only ways to do this is to shine the light from our heart onto our grief. This can be very hard, but at the same time, if we go through enough training in energy healing, we’ll find that there’s a place inside of us that is so peaceful and so deep, that yes, we can actually do this.
Summary of Intention
So, again, all we’re doing here is allowing the strong feeling of unconditional love to grow inside of us, and we’re going to let that flow out through our hands, and we’re going to send this beautiful healing energy to someone else.
LEARNING THE ENERGY HEALING PATTERN
Step 1: Doing it within ourselves (see video for a demonstration)
I’m going to very briefly take us through a QiGong exercise that’s going to be the same thing that we’re going to do for energy healing purposes on the table. We’re going to do it on ourselves first to get an idea of the experience. It’s a good idea to begin practicing this on a regular basis also.
Three Centers Meditation & The Microcosmic Orbit
This meditation can be done while either sitting or standing.
Start with three deep opening breaths (clearing or cleansing breaths): These are to cleanse or open our energy channels and root ourselves into the earth. They make us pay attention to our breathing and start to put us into a different or special state:
- The first breath is to the upper chest area (Upper Dan Tian).
- The second breath is to the rib cage area (Middle Dan Tian).
- The third breath is to the navel area (Lower Dan Tian)
Then begin the QiGong exercises and breathing as follows:
- Lower Dan Tian (pelvic or navel area): Start in front of the Lower Dan Tian with your hands a few inches apart and facing one another. Inhale and slowly draw your hands apart out to the sides, keeping them taut. Then exhale and slowly push them back together, to the starting point. Repeat this movement eight times.
- Middle Dan Tian (digestive area): Start in front of the Middle Dan Tian with your hands a few inches apart and facing one another. Inhale and slowly draw your hands apart out to the sides, keeping them taut. Then exhale and slowly push them back together, to the starting point. Repeat this movement eight times.
- Upper Dan Tian (heart center area): Start in front of the Upper Dan Tian with your hands a few inches apart and facing one another. Inhale and slowly draw your hands apart out to the sides, keeping them taut. Then exhale and slowly push them back together, to the starting point. Repeat this movement eight times.
- Chong Mai (central meridian): Start in front of the Lower Dan Tian with your hands a few inches apart and palms facing up. Inhale and slowly raise your hands, keeping your palms facing up, to the Upper Dan Tian or facial area. Keep your hands taut. Then exhale and turn your hands over, so your palms are facing down, and lower them back down to the starting point. Repeat this movement eight times.
- Lower Dan Tian (pelvic or navel area): Return to the Lower Dan Tian and repeat the opening movement to “pump the energy.” Start with your hands a few inches apart and facing one another. Inhale and slowly draw your hands apart out to the sides of your body, keeping them taut. Then exhale and slowly push them back together, to the starting point. Repeat this movement thirty two times. This helps to build up the energy for the Microcosmic Orbit. (NOTE: This is a total of 64 breaths, the same number of trigrams in the I-Ching Bagua)
- Lower Dan Tian (pelvic area): Remain at the Lower Dan Tian and keep your hands stationary here, gently resting one on top of the other against your body. Take a few deep breaths.
- Microcosmic Orbit: With your hands still resting at the Lower Dan Tian, begin the Microcosmic Orbit by envisioning Qi flowing in a circular pattern up your spine or back (Du Mai or Governing Vessel), over the top of your head, and down your front (Ren Mai or Conception Vessel). Inhale while intending Qi to flow up your Du Mai, and exhale while intending it to flow down your Ren Mai. Repeat this cycle eight times.
Connecting the Heart Center
Hold your left palm over your right inner wrist. Connect with the energy at Pericardium 6 and guide it up to your heart center, then back down. Repeat this cycle eight times on one side, then repeat on the opposite side.
Drawing Down the Heavens to Close
Close with Drawing Down the Heavens: Open your arms wide, extending them out to the sides, with palms facing up, and slowly raise them in a circular motion until your hands nearly meet above your head. Then, with palms facing down, slowly lower your hands side by side in front of your body down to the Lower Dan Tian.
Now it’s time to move to the table to send our Distant Energy Healing.
MEDICAL QIGONG DISTANT ENERGY HEALING TECHNIQUE
I think it helps a lot to have something to use that represents the person, such as a stuffed animal, a doll, a small green alien, or something to help get into the imagery a little better. You can just use their image in your mind if that works well for you. Sometimes it also helps to have a picture of the person, or their name written out.
Using Essential Oils (optional)
I like to use essential oils when doing energy healing, however this is optional if you don’t have any. Choose a special oil that you consider to have spiritual properties, such as Pink or Blue Lotus, Rose, Frankincense, Sage, or another one that is very special to you.
Apply a small amount, diluted, and rub into your hands. I love the way this smells, and I really like the feel of the tone/vibration that the energy picks up as it goes through my hands.
I also like to use an energy spray made of a mixture of hydrosols, essential oils, and flower essences. This helps to clear the energy field in a way that prepares it to receive the energy healing. Here’s one of my favorite recipes, and you can also play around and make your own depending on what you have on hand:
In a 1oz bottle with a spritzer top, combine the following:
Rose Hydrosol (or use another Hydrosol you like. If you don’t have any, use water.)
Holly Flower Essence, 2 drops
Wild Rose Flower Essence, 2 drops
Essential Oils of:
White Sage, 2 drops
Snakeweed, 2 drops
White Champa, 2 drops
Shake well before each use. Store in the refrigerator and use it within 12 months.
Preparation for Distant Energy Healing Treatment
If you’re using it, begin by spraying the Energy Spritz over the doll or other representation of the person you are sending this energy to. Otherwise skip this step.
Another optional item to use is crystals. They complement energy healing beautifully and work by amplifying the vibration of the energy, especially when placed on acupoints, energy centers, or chakras. In the video I use clear quartz and rose quartz, however you can use any you are drawn to.
If using crystals, place one symbolically in or near each palm of your “person” and one over their Heart Center.
Begin to connect with your person:
Form an image of the person in your mind, or if you don’t know the person just use their name. We’re all part of one big energy field, and it’s a really nice way of being able to connect with exactly who we mean by their name.
Close your eyes and become aware of your breath. Really feel your breath in your own Heart Center. Our Heart Center is the place that we want to come from.
Draw Down the Heavens three times.
- Inhale up and exhale down as if clearing your own channels and rooting your energy into the Earth.
- The second time, inhale up and exhale down to honor the healing space.
- The third time, inhale up and exhale down to surround your person’s energy field and root their energy into the Earth.
Just like the self QiGong exercise we did earlier, we’re going to do the same movements over our “person”.
Connect to the Lower Dan Tian, the area below the navel, and just like we did on ourselves, expand and contract your hands while moving with your breath. Do this about eight times.
Connect to the Middle Dan Tian, the solar plexus area, and again, expand and contract your hands while moving with your breath. You are stimulating the Qi in this area. Do this about eight times.
Remember: While doing this, feel within your heart anything that helps you focus and think about unconditional love.
Connect to the Upper Dan Tian, the throat and head area. Expand and contract your hands while moving with your breath. Do this about eight times.
Next move back down to the Lower Dan Tian. Here, we’re going to connect with Chong Mai, the Central Meridian. It’s rooted in the Lower Dan Tian and we’re going to guide energy as if we’re guiding it right up the center and back down. This meridian is strongly connected to our Spirit because it is the core of our being. Do this about eight times.
Again return to the Lower Dan Tian. We’re going to expand and contract the energy field here again, however this time there is more of an intention to gather Qi with our hands and fill the Lower Dan Tian with it. Do this about eight times.
Next, pause and circle your hands over the Lower Dan Tian. We’re going to go through the Microcosmic Orbit. Use your hands off to the side with intention of guiding Qi up the spine and down the front in a nice smooth flow. Do this about eight times.
Pause at the Lower Dan Tian. We’re going to connect with the Heart Center now. On ourselves we only did one hand at a time, however when we’re working with our distant person, we can do both sides together.
Energetically gather some energy at the Heart Center and guide it out to the hands. Circle over the palms and use your intention to also activate the acupoint Pericardium 6, which calms and protects the heart. Guide that back up to the Heart Center and flow back out to the hands and Pericardium 6. Do this about eight times.
While doing this, close your eyes and let your mind go into your heart to really feel like you’re sending love to this person. You can visualize this energy as white light, as an intention, or even as gold shimmering light washing over them.
When you’re ready to end, circle your hands over the Heart Center and the Lower an Tian, then gently withdraw your hands from their energy field. Draw Down the Heavens to close, symbolically close up their energy field, and disconnect.